Joshua Zirkzee continued a stunning start to his Bundesliga career by coming off the bench to score an important goal for Bayern Munich.
The 18-year-old came in as a substitute to help Bayern in 2-0 late victory against Wolfsburg by curling Thomas Muller’s cut-back in the 85th minute before Serge Gnabry added a second goal.
This is Zirkzee’s second strike after his impressive debut in the mid week match against Freiburg.
Bayern has ended year 2019 at the top of Bundesliga. They will return to action after the winter break with a trip to Hertha Berlin on Sunday 19 January. Wolfsburg will face Cologne on 18 January.
Here are interesting facts about Bayern Munich according to goal.com:
– Bayern have won three Bundesliga games in a row for the first time this season.
– They have won eight of their 10 games in all competitions under Hansi Flick.
– Bayern have not lost any of their 23 home games against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga (W21, D2).
– Zirkzee (18 years, 213 days) became the second youngest player in Bundesliga history to score in each of his first two appearances in the competition after Ralf Augustin for Borussia Dortmund in 1978-79 (18 years, 10 days).
– Muller has become the first player since detailed data collection began in 2004-05 to provide 11 assists on the first 17 matchdays of a single Bundesliga campaign.