The 2020/2021 premier league fixtures have been announced and Champions Liverpool will host newly promoted Leeds United on the opening weekend.
Premier League new boys Fulham will host Arsenal in an opening weekend London derby and West Brom take on Leicester City at the Hawthorns.
However, Manchester United and Manchester City will get a late start this season to give the teams time to recover from their recent European campaigns, which finished last weekend, just four weeks before the 2020/21 Premier League season begins.
Manchester City who were originally supposed to face Aston Villa will now face Wolves on September 19.
United who were originally scheduled to play against Burnley will host Crystal Palace same weekend.
Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers also faced delays as they finished their European matches a week earlier than the Manchesters.
The English football league are expected to be officially announced on Friday.
Meanwhile, below is the full premier league opening weekend fixtures and their modified dates:
Premier League 2020/21 – opening weekend fixtures
- C. Palace v Southampton – Sept 12
- Fulham v Arsenal – Sept 12
- Liverpool v Leeds – Sept 12
- Tottenham v Everton – Sept 12
- West Brom v Leicester City – Sept 12
- West Ham v Newcastle – Sept 12
- Brighton v Chelsea – Sept 14
- Sheff Utd v Wolves – Sept 14
- Burnley v Man Utd – Postponed
- Man City v Aston Villa – Postponed